R1 Construction established in 2014 as ‘Refurb 1’, predominantly delivering a vast range of refurbishment projects nationally before expanding into new build projects also. We continue to undertake all aspects of refurbishment, alteration and remodelling works and you can find below detailed information against each of these services.
- INTERNAL WORKS AND REFURBISHMENT
Complete internal works package including: demolition and removal, structural and non-structural partition works, mechanical and electrical installations or alterations, specialist furniture and equipment, and finishing works including finished ceilings, decoration and flooring.
Executing an internal refurbishment programme successfully takes careful planning and consideration, and requires an organisation with experience in that environment. Our turnkey service which includes designs, surveys, programming and delivery of the works allows you to combine everything with one chosen partner. Our turnkey internal remodelling and refurbishment works include:
- Demolition, preparation or removal of any structural or non-structural partitions or walls
- Creation and alterations to internal layouts through new structural or non-structural partition walls
- Electrical works including rewiring, “re-lighting and re-lamping”, new circuit installation and data and alarm provision and containment
- Mechanical works including heating systems, diversion works, cooling and ventilation
- Specialist furniture and fit out including science laboratories, technology labs and IT suites
- Finishing works including decoration, carpet, vinyl and solid flooring, suspended ceilings and deep cleans
Selecting a turnkey provider that can provide and manage all trades simultaneously will eliminate any crossover and conflict, ensuring that nothing is missed in the placing of packages. All internal works are strictly managed from a quality and health and safety perspective, and we will communicate with you on a regular basis to ensure complete satisfaction with the works.
We can carry out an initial survey and concept designs for your project often within a few days. To learn more about our range of managed services, please contact us to discuss your requirements in more detail or to speak to one of our experienced team.
- MODULAR TRANSFORMATION SERVICE
A completely unique service which delivers brand new environments at a fraction of the cost and disruption of a new build, through utilising existing dilapidated structures that may be on your site, specialising in owned or hired modular and pre-fabricated building structures.
Learn more about Modular Transformation here.
- EXTENSIONS, CLADDINGS AND FAÇADES
Traditional and modern-method extensions, replacements or repairs to existing buildings, as well as replacement cladding options and façades treatments.
The ability to carry out “fast-track” extensions, in conjunction with our full service offering, makes us an excellent partner for any expansion projects you may be considering. The same skills enable us to offer repairs and/or replacements of all cladding options and façade treatments, including:
- Insulation and vapour barrier upgrades and renewal/replacement
- Full brick and block work packages including repointing and repairs
- Approved brick-slip installer for specialist areas
- Traditional and acrylic render treatments
- Cedar, thermally impregnated timber and timber-impersonation
- Aluminium, zinc and copper cladding replacement or renewal
- TrespaTM, RockpanelTM and other rainscreen cladding systems
As a specialist in this sector, we are used to managing these works around and within live school environments, working with you to ensure that there is minimum disruption and no risk to your staff or pupils. We organise all plant and equipment required, and will prepare all health and safety documentation including risk assessments and methods statements in advance of embarking on the works for your peace of mind.
An initial survey from one of our team will help us assess your requirements and enable full cost and programme proposals to be put forward. To arrange this, or to speak to one of our experienced team, please contact us to discuss your requirements in more detail.
- WINDOW, DOORS AND CURTAIN WALLING
Installation or replacement/repair of windows, doors and curtain walls including all building works in connection with (BWIC) and making good.
The biggest areas of poor thermal performance and heat loss within older buildings are draughty and poorly fitted windows and doors. Replacement of these items within older structures can be a stressful and disruptive process, combining multiple traders that often have to be organised individually. Our skill range and experience means that we can offer a stress-free, one stop solution to all replacements and repairs, including:
- Timber, PVC, aluminium and composite window repairs and replacements
- Single, double and triple glazed units with a range of specialist coatings and treatments for increased thermal performance and reduced solar gain
- Timber, aluminium and steel door sets, including associated access system and fire alarm works
- Aluminium curtain walling installation, including preparation or creation of apertures
- All builders work in connection with (BWIC), including removal and disposal, installation, redecoration and protection of existing surfaces
Our strong supply chain and experience with a range of different systems and manufacturers means that we can deal with any supply issues and offer advice on each system, including up-front cost, performance, maintenance costs and useful life-expectancy. As with all our services we will work to plan the programme with you, phasing works where required to ensure minimal disruption.
To discuss the pros and cons of the various options available, please contact us to discuss your requirements in more detail or to speak to one of our experienced team.
- ROOF REPLACEMENTS, REPAIRS OR ALTERATIONS
Extensive experience in replacement, repair or alterations to existing or new roofs, including flat roof membrane, asphalt and bitumen based roofs, traditional tiled or slated roofs or metal standing seam roofs.
Even small roof leaks can often very quickly escalate to cause major damage to a building, and should therefore be dealt with immediately. This damage can often extend to costs well in excess of the initial replacement of an area of roof, and can include major internal structural and aesthetic remediation. Where a roof is reaching or has gone beyond its serviceable lifespan, a total replacement should be considered wherever capital or maintenance budget allows. Our experience with flat, pitched and specialist roof types means we can provide:
- Total or partial replacement or repair works to any type of roof
- Extensive experience with membrane, asphalt and bitumen based flat and zero-pitch roofs
- Traditional pitched and tiled or slated roof repairs or replacements
- Metal standing seam roof installation
- Gutter, fascia and soffit alteration or adaptation or remediation
- Full management of RAMS, access equipment and site safety
Different types of roofs have different life-expectancies and maintenance protocols, and choosing a partner that can advise you on the various options available will help maximise your capital and maintenance budgets, whilst minimising short term disruption during installation. It will also eliminate ongoing disruption from leaks and continual internal repairs.
If you want to embark on a roof replacement project, please contact us to discuss your requirements in more detail or to speak to one of our experienced team.
- DEMOLITION AND REMOVAL WORKS
Full suite of demolition and removal works including strip out of existing services, asbestos removal and demolition of whole/part structures to enable further works.
Trying to manage separate companies all carrying out different areas on one project can be a difficult and messy process. Refurb 1 Ltd is able to offer a complete demolition and removal works package prior to any main works taking place, which includes:
- Site preparation safety works and full method statements and risk assessments
- Careful removal and storage of any items to be reused
- Asbestos surveys and professional asbestos removal process
- Waste segregation and recycling wherever possible
- Protection of internal surfaces and finishes where required
- Demolition and removal of structural or non-structural internal and external building parts
- Removal existing building services/structures including decoration and floor coverings
- Removal of old modular and pre-fabricated structures, including ground remediation
There are instances where, through our experience in specialist building techniques, we are able to save building structures and deliver a completely new environment, with an extended life of 30 years or more. In these instances, we are able to deliver an effectively new-build project at around 50% of the cost, with huge savings in time and minimal localised disruption.
If you wish to learn more about our unique and economical way of approaching demolition, please view our examples of the modular transformation service. Alternatively, contact us to arrange a survey or to speak to one of our team, please to discuss your requirements in more detail.